AllMusic is a comprehensive and in-depth resource for finding out more about the albums, bands, musicians and songs you love. On AllMusic you'll find:
- In-Depth Information about your favorite albums, musicians and songs
- Reviews of upcoming and classic albums including new releases
- Ratings and picks of the recommended albums and songs within an artist's discography or tracks on an album
- Staff picks of the albums our editors are into right now
- Sound samples and streaming links to listen to the music
- Personalized recommendations of albums that match your tastes
Billboard has been the main name in music since 1894. Known best for its weekly music charts, this website will let you:
- Watch the latest music videos and behind the scenes interviews with your favorite musicians
- Access chart information for their entire catalog
- Access photo archives of the biggest events and stars in music history
- Get reviews of new releases before the albums are officially released
Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. On this site you can:
- See which books your friends are reading.
- Track the books you're reading, have read, and want to read.
- Check out your personalized book recommendations. Our recommendation engine analyzes 20 billion data points to give suggestions tailored to your literary tastes.
- Read reviews by people who have actually read the book to see if it is a good fit for you!
The Internet Movie Database (This database also covers television shows, made for tv movies, documentaries, etc…)
- Can’t remember the name of a movie, but you know who is in it? Want to know how much a movie has made at the box office or what it is rated?
- Also covers many foreign films, directors, and television shows
Bing is the Microsoft search engine and is also the search engine behind the Yahoo! search page. Bing has a much prettier interface and is setup to look more like the Windows 8.1 screens people are getting used to now.
Blekko's slogan is "the spam-free search engine," and its mission is to combine traditional algorithms with user knowledge and partner expertise in order to deliver results from the most reputable sites. Blekko has an "editorial" approach -- it wants you to feel like your search results are handpicked for what you're looking for online.
Google has been the leading internet search engine for so many years that the term “just google it” is known by every man, woman, and child. The leader of the pack, Google is ready to serve.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more commonly known as the CDC, works 24/7 keeping America safe from health, safety, and security threats, both foreign and domestic. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease, and supports communities and citizens to do the same. CDC is the nation’s health protection agency — saving lives, protecting people from health threats, and saving money through prevention.
The website allows you to get the most updated information about current issues like ebola and measles, preventative health information, and travel health advisories.
WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.